Lemon’s health benefits can never be overstated, as it is extremely beneficial for your health, appearance, and life in general.
So, let’s begin with its very smell. Lemon is usually connected to “freshness” and “cleanness”. Its characteristic smell improves mood, which is why it’s included in the treatments of anxiety and depression. It is a potent cleaning agent and it’s a natural antiseptic.
Lemon for Appearance
A lot of people use lemon juice to acne.
Cut a lemon in two halves, and use them to rub your knees, elbows, and calluses in order to soften the thick skin in these areas.
The juice from this fruit can be as well used for calming aching feet.
Lemon for Health
A lot of health conditions can benefit from lemon juice, such as rheumatism.
If you consume lemon juice on a daily basis, you will help your body eliminate toxins and prevent formation of kidney stones.
This fruit is also used in the treatments of diseases like malaria and cholera, as the juice aids in the blood purification.
Besides the well-known iron, vitamin A and E. Similar to other fruits, it is rich in antioxidants that fight the aging signs.
Here’s what happens if you cut few lemons and place them beside you. You can sprinkle them with some salt which helps send signals to your nerves and muscles as well as sustain the fluid content outside and inside the blood cells.
1. Lemons are even better than room fresheners or aerosol sprays which are just spreading chemicals in the surrounding. This fruit will make your room smell nice and fresh. Just cut open a lemon and leave it in a bowl overnight, and you will never think of those toxic sprays again.
2. Lemon can improve your breathing. If you have an asthma, your breathing can be improved by sleeping in lemon-filled air. The next morning your head and throat will both be clear.
3. You will feel a lot more energetic, rather than sluggish in the mornings, if you just inhale in a bowl of lemons right after you wake up. Your energy levels will be boosted in a far better and healthier way than with the usage of some sugary energy drink, or caffeine.
4. Moreover, it has been proven that seeing some cheerful and bright thing in the morning improves the mood, so a bowl of sunny lemons will surely lift your sluggish morning spirits and make a positive start of the day. In fact, lemons are natural antidepressants.
5. The more lemon scent, the fewer insects around you. Even commercial insect repellants contain lemon scent.
This is why lemons should be used outside the kitchen as well. This citrusy ball of benefits deserves more place in our homes, so get lemons today and make your life happier, healthier, and more beautiful.
Via Healthy Lifestyle Advice